Friday 23 June 2017

A Long, Long Weekend Part 2 - The Quilt Show



Coonamble holds a quilt show each June Long Weekend, which coincides nicely with people visiting the area for the annual rodeo.


The setting is in what had once been a milk bar and there are a few of the original fittings still in place.


Coffee anyone?  I remember once we got lunch in a cafe in Junee and they were still using a coffee machine like this one.  That was only about ..........oh.... 20 years ago,.......OK, longer ago than I realised.


There are some talented ladies in the district, with some vibrant quilts on display.



I seemed to be drawn to the colourful scrappy quilts that have been rather labour intensive to create.



See what I mean.


Yep, yet another one. Gypsy Wife is a popular quilt to make.


Now, that seems a bit more realistic to complete.


I love the colours in this trip around the world.


I think I may recognise this quilt as belonging to Fairy Girl.  How good to see it on display.


I seem to be also drawn to plus quilts lately.

By now Mick was getting a bit toey, as time was marching on and we still had a bit of a way to travel, so we kept on our way.

More soon....


2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

finally got to the quilts this week.........

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great show of quilts!! I love the one by Fairygirl, such wonderful wonkiness.