Sunday 1 June 2014

Let’s Party for the Chook Shed

What is a party without cake?

Let’s face it, you can always find an excuse for cake.

Happy 2nd Birthday to the Chookshed.

June 2014 009

Not the best photo, but with two fellows champing at the bit to start eating, there is no time for mucking around.

I’ve had a success with my knitting today.  No dropped stitches this time around. The chevron pattern was really effective, although it doesn’t show up all that clearly in the photo.  I found the pattern here.

June 2014 012

Another finish for the gift box.

Now to start working on something else.  I think I’ll drag out my Lynette Anderson bag and sew some hexies together.

10 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely kntting and is that a lemon syrup cake...looks good,,,

Susan said...

Great knitting (and baking). I want to knit a simple poncho.....maybe I should commission you to do it so I might see it this winter.

Cardygirl said...

Yummy cake, I would say Mick would have enjoyed a slice with his cuppa!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh great cake........thanks for the birthday cake........I have my blue spotty mug in the Chookshed.......
the wash cloth looks great......nice pattern.......

Fiona said...

love the idea of the cake.... how fun and a great way to celebrate.... lovely cloth... I like that pattern on it...
Hugz

loulee said...

Cute cake. Must be due another one. With a few more candles? Or did that come and go already?

Klarafina said...

I love cake! Nice knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Your knitting looks lovely I love the pattern and how yummy does that cake look.xx

Josie said...

That cake looks so scrumptious! How on earth did you manage to restrain those guys. Lovely knitting... hope you found time to get out your hexies....

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That is a lovely shade of green Janice! What a good weekend it was!