My last post was at the end of February, where I shared my finished section for January. Since then, there have been no more finished sections according to the plan. However, I have been plodding along, just not in order.
In March I did lots of machine appliqué. I still feel a bit of a fraud using this method, but I do want to finish the quilt in this lifetime and I know it would never happen if I used needle turn. I also read “Pride and Prejudice” while we were on holidays, as I haven’t read it since we studied it for the HSC in the early 80s. That was research….
April – no inclination, stitching group on a break - no progress.
May – ditto. I was starting to wonder if this was going to end up just another UFO.
June – inclination returned. Finished hand stitching some blocks, more machine appliqué completed, stitching group resumed.
July – more of the same.
So, this is where I am up to now…….
This block needs to have the cat machine appliquéd, along with the flowers with all those pesky little petals (I need to be in the right mood for that), then all the appliqué on the quilt is finished. It then needs to be hand stitched.
I still need to do the hand stitching on this block and then make the little patchwork blocks to be appliquéd on. Yes, I will needle turn those. Did you notice that I have left the fiddliest blocks till last.
That is all that is left to do on the blocks - the rest are finished.
The sashings are all made, except for the section which needs some hand stitching.
I still have to make the little patchwork panels, before stitching it all together.
Still quite a bit to go, but I think it is doable.