Sunday 18 October 2009

Church Fete Goodies

I've just imported my photos using email rather than Blogger. It seems to be OK, but I can't work out how to get them in any particular order. These seem to be random and they are all to the left of the screen. I'll have to see if I can work it out a bit more, or just be patient with Blogger.

Anyway, here is a sample of what came home with me yesterday.

I brought home quite a bit of old linen. This is only a little bit, as it is too awkward to photograph. The blue serviettes have a matching table cloth which is rather lovely. In among it all there was some unfinished items. I just grabbed them and would have a better look at home. It is a set of 6 placemats, serviettes and coasters with Mexicans - very 50s. Unfortunately, one serviette is missing. I love the old hand towels. I have quite a few now.

This collection is for Mick. Well, at least the tea strainer and bakelite measuring spoons are. There were lots of old keys. I initially started looking for ones suitable for china cabinets and book cases as quite a few of ours have keys missing. I'm sure there will be some in here that fit. I picked up the little ones because they were just so cute. You wonder what they would have all been used for. By the way, this was only a small portion of what was there.

I was lucky to find two new additions to my green glass collection and this sweet little tin. It is in ounces, so is at least 30 odd years old. Written on the base in texta is "My Stamps". It would have been a lovely little tin to keep your stamp collection in. I don't know what I'll use it for.

This was my favourite find. It only stands about 4 inches high. It is in good nick, although the needle housing is missing, not that I mind as I won't be using it. It will fit in nicely with the others I have.

Now, as usual, I have to find homes for them. I think I feel a bit of a cull coming on.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm so gealous Janice!!! I love all of your goodies especially the green glass vases and the little tin, just gorgeous!!!

Take Care
Jodie :)

CurlyPops said...

What lovely finds!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh, I would love to go 'shopping' with you!!! What a fabulous bundle of vintage goodies!! I'm drooling, Janice!! ;-)