Earlier this week I finally sat down at the sewing machine for the first time this month.

The first thing I worked on was this month’s block for Betty’s group quilt. It came together very quickly and simply and was popped in the mail straight away. Tick.
Next it was time to pull out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. The colour this month is purple.

First up, the Potato Chip Blocks. They are always a simple, quick place to start and they went together well. Tick.

Next, the crumb blocks. I checked my list and I already had three made, so only one more to make. I had fun working with the tiny pieces in my purple scrap tub. I completed the block yesterday, but didn’t get to add the shadow. Overnight, I suddenly had a thought…. don’t I only need three blocks? Yep, only three needed. Doh! Oh well, that is one ready to go for whatever my next crumb block project will be. I already have an additional five pink blocks, so there will be another project in the future.

Finally, to work on the solid crosses blocks this morning. I do enjoy making these. All was going well until I went to do the pressing of the final seams I had sewn. That doesn’t look right. Goodness me! Not only had I mucked them up, it wasn’t the final seams, rather earlier ones in the block. Time to get out the quick unpick.

OK, let’s try again. All good…….until I laid them out for the photo and noticed this! I really don’t know where my brain was this morning.

After some more unpicking, third time lucky. Phew! That took longer than expected. At least we got there in the end.
I will link up with So Scrappy on the weekend.
Only one more colour to go. Regardless of what the nominated colour is, my colour is lime green, as that is what I prepped at the start of the year and will work well with my projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment