Tuesday 2 July 2024

My Goals for July

I can’t quite believe we are already into the second half of the year.  Christmas will be upon us before we know it.

Time to think about what I hope to achieve during the month of July.

CHOOKSHED STITCHERS’ CHALLENGE

This month Deana pulled Number 1 out of the hat.  For me that is to work on my Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt.  This was to be worked on alongside Deana who is also making the quilt.  I am up to adding a final border.  There is a bit of a hitch in this for me, as I won’t be home for most of the month, so it won’t happen. 

However, my Number 3 just happens to be “English Paper Piecing - Work on Any Project”. Now, that is something I can manage while away from home, so I’m making the executive decision to swap the projects around.

I have started making some hexy flowers, partly for RSC, so have cut out fabric to make quite a few more.  Some I already had basted, others are just cut fabric.

Pop over to Deana’s Blog to see what the others will be working on.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL

I figure that my hexies will be my one monthly goal.  I have enough cut to make thirteen flowers, so that is my goal - to make thirteen Hexy Flowers.  It should be achievable.  Pop over to Stories From The Sewing Room to see what the others are planning to work on.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

The colour this month is aqua.  

I have already made my split nine patches, while I still had access to my sewing machine.

There is an aqua hexy flower cut out ready to go.

My fish blocks will have to wait till we get home, as the pattern isn’t released until the 7th of the month.

15 MINUTES A DAY

Hopefully, I will be back on track with this, despite being away.  It is quite doable and enjoyable.  Pop over to Life in Pieces to see what the others have achieved.

 OTHER STITCHING

  • I still have to finish the stitching on my little blue sampler.  That can come away with me.
  • I have another Sashiko panel ready to work on.
  • I have my plum jumper to work on for my knitting.
WHAT I WON’T BE DOING
  • My batik fish blocks will have to wait till we get home, to eventually be caught up along with May and June.
  • There will be no work done on a donation project.
  • I won’t be using Monique.

………but it doesn’t matter in the least.

MY OTHER GOALS

This is pretty much summed up by read a book and go away with the caravan.  That’s enough.

I’m looking forward to the month.


7 comments:

dq said...

OH, your aqua fabric block is so pretty. Perhaps, since you are trading months, that wlll give me a chance to catch up with you this month. I am doubting I will get to the border.

Have a wonderful caravan trip! I will be away from home for two weeks and doing hand work as well.

Jennifer said...

Reading a book and going away in the caravan sounds good, to me. Any stitching undertaken is an added bonus!

loulee said...

We agreed right at the start that we could swap projects about if life was going to get in the way. You made the perfect choice. Your aqua block looks great.

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you will have a fantastic month Janice, enjoy those hexies.

Narelle said...

Happy caravaning ... great executive decision :)

Maria said...

Safe travels and enjoy your hand stitching while away.

Susan Smith said...

You are doing well actually for being away in both June & July & having an unplanned visitor for tea one night. Can't wait to see how well you do with what you take away with you & hope you have better weather than our time away was........pouring on the coast. Take care, enjoy & hugs.