Friday 2 February 2024

My Goals for February

 Here we are, time to set some more goals.  Firstly, on the stitching front.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL


I know it isn’t due until March, but I really want to complete the Just Two Charm Packs Quilt Along.  The blocks are all made, the sashing is cut, it just needs to be pieced into a flimsy, a backing found, quilted and bound…….just, ha ha.  It is doable.

Pop over here to see what others are planning.

CHOOKSHED STITCHERS’ CHALLENGE

The number selected by Deana this time is Number 2. There is a link up here if you want to see what the other girls are going to be working on.  Once I referred to my list I discovered that it is my “Sparkly Dragonfly Quilt”. This will be another donation project. Other than the fabric, nothing had been planned for this project. 

The background of this quilt is a little tub of fabrics that were left over from a quilt I made for my niece’s first birthday, back in 2008.  It was actually in one of my very first blog posts.  I didn’t show it completed, just a flimsy. I kept the fabrics separate, as they went well together and due to the sparkly nature of a few of them.

The first donation quilt I made back in 2021 was using this fabric.  There were even some cut out squares that I was able to make use of at that time.

After having a scout around at ideas I think I will make this quilt.  Here is a link to the tutorial from Quilt Crossing. My initial thoughts, going on the fabric that I have, is that I will skip the border, but add some extra rows to the woven section.   The blue dragonfly fabric will be the feature fabric.  It will hopefully be rather pretty and all made from stash.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

The colour this month is red.  I will make my two split nine patches and once the next pattern is revealed, two Fishy Business blocks.  

15 MINUTES A DAY

I hope to continue to work on something crafty for at least 15 minutes each day.

As usual, I want to also:

  • Work on a donation project - Sparkly Dragonfly Quilt
  • Use Monique -  the two quilts listed above.
  • Knit or crochet something, probably continuing with the Spiked Granny Rug
  • Work on a WIP - probably my Blue Quilt
  • Work on a UFO - not sure what as yet.
  • Complete something - hopefully two quilts.
  • Hand stitching - probably my Blue Quilt.
I really like it when one project ticks multiple boxes.


NON STITCHING GOALS
These remain much the same as usual:
  • Read a book
  • Try a new recipe
  • Go away with the caravan - fingers crossed this will happen
  • Have a fun day out

That little lot should keep me out of trouble.  I’ll report back at the end of the month with progress.

13 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow.....another good set of goals for February & hope you get them all done. I'm a bit behind with blogging & reading,and sitting here in the sunshine at Shoalhaven Heads typing this while watching a water dragon, listening to moorhens & yesterday seeing a duck couple with 6 tiny ducklings who are using the campsite swimming pool to learn to swim (lol). Look forward to seeing your February list happen. Take care & hugs.

Jo said...

That’s a well planned month

Susan said...

Love that "elephant" pattern - it will look lovely in the sparkly dragonflies!

I was all set to start in red fish - then remembered I need to wait until the 7th...sigh . . .

I'm sure you will get most if not all your goals achieved!

kiwikid said...

Sounds like a busy and productive month coming up Janice. The dragonfly fabric is really cute.

loulee said...

I see a busy month ahead.

dq said...

Those fabrics you've been keeping together for a while now will be perfect for your donation quilt. I am certain you will get it done along with everything else on your list.

Maria said...

As usual you have a great pal for this month both stitching and others.
I always enjoy watching your achievements.
Lovely fabrics for the Sparkly Dragon fly top and perfect pattern.

Karen's Korner said...

Gorgeous fabrics for your challenge #2. Good luck with the rest of your list.

Deb said...

Those are some great goals. I can't wait to see how the woven turns out with sparkly fabrics and a dragonfly print. Stay safe and sew on!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, those fabrics are beautiful, Janice. You have great projects on the go. I like this challenge too very much as it is definitely keeping me on track and accountable... somewhat, LOL.

Jenny said...

I just had go go back in time and check out that early blog post, so many quilt tops ready and waiting for quilting! I had been quilting myself for several years before I made a big bed quilt for us. Prior to that I had a couple of single bed quilts I used to use on our bed!

Jenny said...

I just had go go back in time and check out that early blog post, so many quilt tops ready and waiting for quilting! I had been quilting myself for several years before I made a big bed quilt for us. Prior to that I had a couple of single bed quilts I used to use on our bed!

Anne-Marie said...

I think those dragonfly fabrics will look great with the pattern you indicated. Have a great month!