Sunday 25 October 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Blocks for October

October saw the last colour for this year's challenge - Yellow.


Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed making my pineapple block in 1930s reproduction prints.

As there isn't really a dark and light green variation in the prints and it was hard to come up with a teal colour, I only have eight completed blocks and I need nine for my project.  Therefore, I still have to come up with one more.  I will do it soon, but at least this month's block is completed.

Onto my drunkard path blocks.


I'm so pleased to  now have all these blocks made.  It has cured my desire to make small curved blocks in the future.  They are supposed to be 3 1/2" unfinished, but they are a bit all over the  place so will have to be trimmed and fudged.  Wish me luck.

The idea is to make two cushions.  My inspiration was a cushion with coloured circles on a dark grey background. I will be making two that are to go with the plus quilt I made in the RSC last year.

Do I make one with colour in the middle and one with the colour on the outside? 




Or do I make two bulls eye cushions the same? 

 
If it was just one cushion I would go the bulls eye, but being two, do I do one of each?  Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, I won't be making them in November, so time to ponder.

I'm linking up with So Scrappy. Thanks so much for the encouragement during the year.

11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those Drunkard's Path blocks look fun to play with for a layout! I'm not good at sewing them either, though. Just enough for a cushion or two sounds like a good idea!

grammajudyb said...

I like the layout with both in and out colors. But considering you are keeping them both to go with the Plus Quilt,I think 1 with colors in the centers and one the opposite would be cool. Maybe try them with the quilt? Which ever you choose, it’ll be awesome!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE the 2 opposing colored pillow top layouts!! The positive/negative coloration SEW appeals to me. The alternating color/neutral together would also work. Which way do you like best?

Chookyblue...... said...

hate deciding which way to put the blocks as I like both.....but it's fun playing........

Cheryll said...

Which ever way you choose... I'm sure they will be wonderful.
GooD Luck...xox

Maria said...

I like both colour in the centre and reversed but not the mixed one 😢

Gail said...

Well, not that it really matters what I think but. . .I like the all colored center the best and the mixed center next best. Whatever you choose you did a lovely job on all of them-and the pineapple block as well!

Fiona said...

Great blocks.... are you overthinking the design???? haha...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Lots of options to layout those pretty curved blocks.

Susie H said...

I'm sure you'll come up with a beautiful design for the two cushions. How could you not with such pretty fabric??? Very pretty yellow pineapple block as well!

dq said...

I can't believe you chose curved piecing for your rainbow scrap challenge. A challenge it is! They are so beautiful!