Saturday 31 October 2020

My October Goals Met......By the Skin of my Teeth

I was not going to have a month where I didn't meet my stitching goals.  No way!  Well, I met my final goal at about 7.30pm on 31 October.  As I said in the title of this post, by the skin of my teeth.  I just didn't seem to be in the mood for much of the month, or was doing other stuff.  Anyway, the object of this post is to share what I got up to stitching wise, so let's get started.  If you pop back here, you can see what my goals were.

1. ONE MONTHLY GOAL

Yes, that was my main priority for the month and I blogged about it back here.



I'm so pleased with how it turned out and can't wait for next winter to have it on our bed.


It looks rather snuggly, doesn't it.

2.    RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

The colour was yellow and I blogged about my blocks back here.




I will still have to make one more pineapple block for my cushion, but am still pondering what colour to use.  I'm also pondering on my drunkard path layout.  It will be interesting to see if I can get the blocks to make an accurate circle.

3.    BLOCKHEADS 3

This month I had to make five blocks.  I'm really enjoying making these blocks in such happy colours.







The block this week completed the third quarter of the quilt.  Just another fourteen blocks to go.  I hope I don't run out of some of my fabrics.

4.    WOOFA CHALLENGE

This month my goal was to complete the clam shell panel of the Stitching Roll.  That meant adding another seven rows of clam shells.  As I said at the start of the month, one row a day would take just a week.  Well, I added the last three rows today and it was the last thing I worked on.  There's nothing like a deadline to keep you honest.


The edges look ratty, but they will get trimmed off in the next process of the construction.

5.    CHRISTMAS PROJECT

As I had left things to the last minute, I knew I would only be making a very simple and quick project.  I had one in mind, but didn't have all the materials to hand, and wasn't going to make a special trip to the shops, so settled on a mini stocking decoration.


It's better than nothing and a new hand made decoration never goes astray on the tree.

6.    ONE PROJECT A MONTH

I try to always have one finish each month, even if it is small, but this month I have three - Trail Mix Quilt, the Christmas stocking and a cushion I made for Mum's birthday.  I blogged about it back here.  


I'm glad I tried the concealed zip on the back, as I will use that technique on my three Rainbow Scrap Challenge cushions.

7.    FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS

I stitched one whole row of clam shells down.  Pretty weak, but better than nothing.  Hopefully I will be a little more productive next month.

So, there you have it.  All goals met. When I look at it all, it isn't too bad considering I wasn't in the mood for stitching for much of the time.  It just goes to show that having deadlines to meet and being accountable really works for me.

Thanks to the many people who arrange all these fun little challenges.  I really appreciate all you do. I wouldn't achieve nearly as much without your encouragement.

10 comments:

Maria said...

Well done Janice on reaching your October goals ...
Your Trail Mix looks fabulous and your blocks all look gorgeous in all those lovely fabrics..
Mums cushion is lovely...
Cute wee stocking....
Wonder what will be on on November s list ??

loulee said...

Good on you. Another month of lovely achievements.
I'm looking forward to seeing your RSC projects come together.

Fiona said...

such a lot of really beautiful work..... Trail mix is splendid. I have got nervous a coupole of times with whether fabric will last.... amazing how far those pieces go and I'm sure you will be fine...
HUgz

Cheryll said...

Congrats on achieving your goals & ON time too.
Well done Janice...xox

Chookyblue...... said...

You always do so well.....

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Gosh you accomplished so much I don’t know where to start! Well I love the colors you used for Trail Mix and you know I’ve been watching your clam shells. Everything else is beautiful...love the pineapple blocks and such pretty colors and beautiful blocks.

kiwikid said...

Well done on reaching your goals, deadlines seem to be good motivation for us all. Trail Mix looks wonderful, all your blocks are great, love the cushion, you completed a lot in the month.

Susan said...

I think you did a wonderful job - and lucky October was 31 days - and not a day less!

dq said...

Everything is so beautiful and so much work. You accomplished a ton! Of course I have to mention the wonderful Trail Mix since I got you into it. Mine still sits due to lack of sewing enthusiasm. I will get there.

The pillow is gorgeous! I plan to get more into them.

The pineapple block is gorgeous as well!

Jenny said...

you should be pleased with everything you have achieved. Its all looking so good.