Thursday 3 September 2020

Setting my Goals For September

It's that time again where I set my goals for the month.  Fun goals, not chores.  Let's see what I plan to do.

Firstly, the stitching goals.......

This month I will be away from my sewing machine for a while, so have to be mindful of that when setting my goals.  I think they will still be achievable.



As I smashed my goal last month to get half the blocks completed for Trail Mix and ended up with all of the blocks completed, this month my goal is to turn them into a completed flimsy.


I think that should be achievable.

2.    BLOCKHEADS 3



There will be another four blocks received this month, so as always, I hope to keep up to date.  I will have to have a little catch up at the end of the month, but that will be OK.



The colour this month is red, so I will make my drunkard path blocks and my pineapple block.  Only one more month of blocks to make after this.  I'm looking forward to getting them made into a project later in the year.

4.    WOOFA CHALLENGE


You may recall that last month I couldn't locate the UFO I was hoping to work on.  As it turned out, that wasn't a bad thing, as I completed a long forgotten UFO.  Well, I thought I'd have another look for the lost project and, wouldn't you know it, I found it in the second box I opened.  I obviously didn't have much of a search last month.


What we have here is the start of a project from Girls Day in the Country at Nundle in 2012.  


This is what the finished project will look like.  It is a cylindrical sewing caddy.  The designer was Sue Daley.

I really like the fabrics and was enjoying the process, but was worried on the day that my rows of clam shells may have been getting a bit slopey, so stopped work until I could get a ruler and check that things were going to be nice and straight.  As you can guess, that never happened.  By the way, it was still straight when I checked the other day.

I don't expect to get this finished, but I do hope to make some progress.

6.    CHRISTMAS PROJECT


I have no idea what I will work on, but something will happen.

7.    ONE PROJECT A MONTH


I'd better make sure that I finish something Christmassy, as I don't expect to finish anything else.

8.    FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS


I should be nice and productive while Mick watches the footy.  It's a good excuse to spend time in the sewing room.

That little lot should keep me out of trouble for the month.  I just hope I can get it all done.


Now onto the non stitching goals.....

1.    READ A BOOK

I'm sure I will get this done.  There is a nice little pile next to my chair, so I have plenty to choose from.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I have no idea what we will try, but that's half the fun.  We will try something new for sure.  We will also be doing our baking each week, as we seem to have got into that habit.

3.    GO FOR WALKS

As the weather warms up and the days get longer this will become easier.  We also hope to do some walking and exploring.

4.    GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE

I do hope this happens, but nothing planned at this stage.  It is fun to just be spontaneous.

5.    GO AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

This is definitely happening.  We have a plan.  Don't worry, I'll take you along with us.

6.    HAVE A FRIDAY FUN DAY

We will do this while we are in the van, but I hope we can also have a fun day when we are at home as well.  I love that I set a goal that gives us the incentive to do something fun in the local area each month.

I'm really enjoying setting these monthly goals.  It is so satisfying looking back at a month and seeing all the fun things we have done, and the amount of stitching I have achieved.

12 comments:

Kate said...

That's an ambitious list, sewing and non sewing. Good luck with all your plans for September.

Deb A said...

That is quite a list! Love the non sewing ones as well. Good luck.

Jenny said...

Another great monthly list. I'm sure you will incorperate some stitching, reading, trying a new recipe and having fun times in your upcoming caravan trip. Then you will have lots of items checked off your list.

Fiona said...

All the best with your goals this mnth...
Hugz

jude's page said...

Looks like a great list, and I am sure you will be disciplined enough to tick them all off.

Cheryll said...

Fingers crossed that you achieve your goals this month.
See you tonight for FNwF...xox

kiwikid said...

Good goals for the month, looking forward to being taken away!!

ButterZ said...

Great planning. I'm impressed you got trail mix so far. Look forward to travelling with you

Susan said...

I'm sure you will tick them all off as done!

Sounds so organised. . .I have a To-Do list - in an unused Diary - I put the "Due Date" beside them . . so I'm not too tempted to work on something due in November when I have a pressing "Must finish" in September . . doesn't always work though!! new projects are so much more exciting . . .


My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Wowza! I think I am already tired just reading all your goals and I need to take a nap....lol...but seriously....I am awed at not only how ambitious some people are but they follow through and get it done! I think you are one of those people. I love the clamshells. Are they stitched over a template similar to hexies?

Patty said...

Happy sewing. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

Jenny said...

You have certainly achieved a lot since setting your goals. I have hardly got a thing done . I need motivation so i will have to try setting some too.