Sunday 9 August 2020

Trail Mix - A Further Update

As I said yesterday, I hoped to get all the blocks for Trail Mix completed this month.

Yes, you guessed it - I have completed the remaining 72 blocks, or six rows.  That is 144 completed blocks.
It doesn't look much, does it, but, yes, there are 72 blocks here.
They are now all packed away in my pretty tins - very full tins they are too.

I haven't laid them out to have a look at them and won't do so until next month, otherwise you know what will happen, and then I will definitely fall behind on my other goals.
This was the first project in which I have spun the seams - a la Bonnie Hunter.  It worked really well and the blocks are nice and flat.

Using my mini design boards worked beautifully, as did keeping my blocks together with wonder clips or, when I ran out of them, good old fashioned bulldog clips.

Of course, next month my goal will be to get the top made.  I will have to see what I have in the stash suitable for a border - or maybe decide not to have a border and make some extra blocks to make it a bit larger.  We will cross that bridge when we come to it. It will be wonderful if I can complete the quilt top without having to buy any extra fabric.  We'll see how we go.
\
Anyway, enough about Trail Mix, now I have to hunt out another of my projects to work on.

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Great work on meeting your goal..... You'll have it finished in no time.... I'm sure those blocks will be too tempting in the tins and you'll be sewing them together in no time.....

Maria said...

Great job getting all your blocks done for "Trail Mix " . They will be very tempting in those pretty tins to put them together...

Gail said...

You have been very busy! Good job! I bet you finish your other goals and then start sewing it together. Will be watching. Blessed Be.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Anxiously awaiting the block layout NEXT MONTH!!! :o))

kiwikid said...

Well done on getting the Trail mix blocks finished, looking forward to seeing it all together.

ButterZ said...

Wow. This is coming together very quickly. It looks amazing too. Spinning the seams works really well.

Fiona said...

that's a heap of blocks done.. great work and looking forward to seeing it come together....
Hugz

dq said...

Congratulations Janice! It is a quilt that goes together pretty fast once it is cut! Yay! I didn't expect you to do it so quickly!

Raewyn said...

HI Janice, I've been doing some catch up reading on your blog - you've been getting plenty done and it's so fun to see your Trail Mix progressing so well! I was so disappointed to miss Chooky's zoom party - that day just ended up so busy here but it's great that you all had a good time chatting and sewing.

Cheryll said...

Keeping busy & out of trouble...good job.
I like the "tins" too...xox

jude's page said...

Looking forward to the finish, which I suspect won't be far away!

Patty said...

Fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.