Monday 13 May 2019

Splendid Sampler 2 Progress

A short break in transmission of our holiday for an update on Splendid Sampler 2.


I've finished a block.  It was a huge job.  All I had left to do before we left home was to add the markings to the ruler.

 "My Happy Place" was fiddly, especially those tiddly applique pieces for the spool, but so worth it.  I had to make the machine green, as I have a love affair with early Elnas.  Thanks Pat for such a cute block.


I've made a start on my One Monthly Goal block, but as you can see, there is still a long way to go on this one.  I've been surprised at how slowly it has gone.  I look forward to getting the writing finished and moving on to the cup and saucer.  I just have to decide on colours.  I'd better get a wriggle on if I want to get it finished this month.  I seem to spend too much time writing the blog, but that's what happens when we travel.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Blog writing does take time when you are traveling. But we all lime to share in your exploration and adventures! That's a great block you have completed,I can see it was a lot of work.

Maria said...

Love you sewing machine SS block especially how you fussy cut the wee elephant 🐘.
Beautiful stitchery block, enjoy doing it.