Here it is the last day of the month and no finish for OPAM. It’s not that I haven’t been sewing, just no finishes to show.
Well, we can’t have that, so when I got home from work I thought I’d better make something little so the sidebar isn’t empty…..but what?
Then I thought of “Pink Phone”.
I have a rather uneasy relationship with mobile phones….ie… I am completely hopeless with them. I forget to charge them, and when I finally do, I proceed to leave them in the car. I have no idea how to send or read a text and can only call someone if their number is written down in my little black book. When I went to Queensland when Dad was sick I was caught out in a tiny town and no digital cover, only Next G. As I was intending to drive Dad home, freshly out of hospital I had to buy a better phone and ended up with “Pink Phone”.
There is very little choice in a tiny Queensland town and the salespeople don’t know how they work. I couldn’t get any help off the web, as my computer wouldn’t work there either. So I ended up not being very good friends with this phone, except for the fact that I was able to change the back cover to a pink one.
We are gradually getting to know one another and I’m doing my best to keep her charged and in my bag so it would be nice if I made her a little cover.
Jenny has put out a bit of a challenge for repurposing. I supposed I could do something along those lines. A while ago I found some more linen clothes in an op shop and they have been languishing in the cupboard. I bought this blouse thinking it would team with white for a French look.
I might do something one day to incorporate the lovely pin tucks, but not tonight.
I then went rummaging through some fabrics and came up with this combination.
Then it was just have a bit of a fiddle. I used the same principle that I’d used to make a tissue cover a couple of years ago. I used the thin iron on pellon, as I didn’t want it to be too bulky. I’m rather pleased with the outcome.
The linen wriggled a bit and was probably a bit light weight, but the pellon stabilised it nicely. The pearl button is just one I found in among my collection of button jars and the hat elastic came from a swing tag.
“Pink Phone” fits in nice and snug. Now I just have to learn how to use her.
I think I might make a few more accessories for my hand bag using this fabric combination.
So now, at 11pm on 31 January I can add something to my sidebar for OPAM. Yay!