Thursday 17 June 2010

Back On Line

Yay!  I’m back! I now have an upgraded internet service and a brand spanking new improved computer.  The worst bit was getting everything set up again.  Still a bit to go but nearly there.

As usual, I didn’t get as much sewing done as I’d hoped, but I have a bit to show once I get photos taken.

We had a quick trip up to the Central Coast on the weekend.  Up on Sunday, so that Mick could help a mate that has just moved there with some fencing, and then back again on Monday.

It was freezing cold when we left home – minus 5 degrees C, so it was good to go somewhere a bit warmer.

The sandstone cliffs were stunning as we crossed the blue mountains.

Blue Mountains Cliffs 2

I even saw my first wattle for the winter, although it was little and hard to get to.

Wattle

It was beautiful looking down on the Sydney basin from Kurrajong Heights.

Sydney from Kurrajong Heights 2

While the boys worked, I set up a spot in the sun and out of the breeze in the shed and did some stitching. A comfy chair and side stool was all I needed and I was still close enough to fetch and carry if asked.

Brian's shed - my sewing spot

Although we have been to Gosford several times, neither of us had been down the peninsular to Woy Woy, Umina or Petonga.  It is a really pretty area and we think we might have to bring the camper trailer up for a weekend.  In the meantime, we had to settle for fish and chips by the water at Ettalong.  It’s a hard life, but someone has to do it.

Ettalong 2

I’m off to the Quilt Show at Darling Harbour on Saturday.  There is a bus load going from Bathurst.  I can’t wait, as it is several years since I’ve been.  I even made a new accessory to take with me.

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So pleased you are back...

Cardygirl said...

MIght see you there???? Darling Harbour will be fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back Janice and what pretty pictures of your weekend. Have fun at Darling Harbour, hope you have a budget.