Thursday 5 October 2023

My Goals for October

Here it is, time to once again set my goals for the month.  October is always a busy month, so I have to keep things achievable.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL, RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE & DONATION PROJECT
This month I will combine these challenges.

October is the last month of the year that a colour is allocated.  This month is “light neutrals, catch up or lay out your block collection”.  Light neutrals do not feature in either of my RSC projects, but I have some lime green prepped for my black and white quilt.  I will also make some lime green to go with my split nine patch blocks.
That brings me to the OMG.  As always I want this to push me a little, while still being achievable.  My goal was going to be to get my black and white RSC quilt into a flimsy. However, I’ve decided to take it a  step further and make it my goal to have the quilt pieced, quilted and bound.  There, I’ve written it, so I must do it. I am really looking forward to seeing how this one comes together.

I am linking up with Stories from the Sewing Room.  Thanks to Anne-Marie for taking the reins on this fun challenge.

The black and white quilt will be a donation item.

15 MINUTES A DAY
I aim to keep up with this, as I am really enjoying it.

KNITTING OR CROCHET PROJECT
I have my beanie to complete and will then think of something else to work on.  Let’s face it, I have lots of options.

HAND STITCHING
I am really enjoying doing some hand work at my two stitching mornings.  I have lots of options to work on, and as at the start of the month, nothing on the go.  It will fun to dig out something from the cupboard.

WIP/UFO
The black and white quilt fits into this as well.

My other WIP is my Blue Quilt.  The next border requires a bit of planning, so I would like to make a start, but it may be put off until next month.

LEADER AND ENDER
Hopefully, I can actually get back to this.

FINISH SOMETHING
I’m sure I will get some things finished - see OMG and RSC at least.
OTHER GOALS

READ A BOOK
There is quite a pile next to my chair, so I had better start working through them.

TRY A NEW RECIPE
I’ve been a little slack on this lately, so hope to get going again.

GO AWAY IN THE CARAVAN
Highly unlikely, as we only recently had a decent trip

GET MY BLOG UP TO DATE
I really need to get onto this.

3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow, you put me to shame when I see that list. Hope you get some of that ticked off & look forward to seeing some of the accomplishments too. I wonder if this comment will happen or slip into the nether, nether. Even BIGPOND is playing silly now with some of my emails. I need to find someone "nerdy" nearby to help. Take care & hugs.

Maria said...

You always set yourself great goals for each month.
Look forward to seeing what you get done.

Raewyn said...

Good luck with your goals Janice, if you're not travelling this month, you may have time to work on them. Great to hear you are enjoying your stitching mornings - and it sounds like you actually get some stitching done as well as some chatting.