Tuesday 1 August 2023

My Goals for August

I know that I won’t have a lot of stitching time during August, so will keep my goals relatively simple.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
Now that I have completed the centre block of my Blue Quilt, I want to keep up the momentum, while keeping my goal achievable.  
I’ve been playing around with fabrics for the borders, keeping in mind that I only want to use fabrics from my stash.  
I think that this will do.
My plan is to add the first border and then appliqué the hearts in the corners.  Then I will glue baste the hexy flowers to the second border.  That is the sum total of my goal.  However, I do wish to make good progress on appliquéing down the hexies, but that is a bonus, and just maybe, prep another border.  We’ll see.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
The colour this month is yellow, so I will make my black and white blocks and the split nine patch blocks.  That won’t take too long.

15 MINUTES A DAY
Although I know there will be limited stitching time, I do hope that I can maintain my 15 minutes each day.  To that end, I need something that I can pick up, do a little, and then put away.  Any progress is good progress, as far as I am concerned.  As I previously said, 30 days at 15 minutes a day is seven and a half hours of stitching.

KNITTING OR CROCHET
I have nothing on the go at the moment…….but so many possibilities.  I need to make a decision, and then make a start.

LAUNDRY BASKET MYSTERY QUILT
This will have a little holiday during August.  I hope to get back to it in the next couple of months.

HAND WORK
I have my  new Sashiko project, as well as the hexies to be stitched down for the Blue Quilt.  I may find something else as well.

WORK ON A DONATION PROJECT
This is also having a little break and I will get back to it before too long.

USE MONIQUE
You guessed it, not happening in August.

LEADER AND ENDER
Ditto….

Now to the non stitching goals.

READ A BOOK

TRY A NEW RECIPE

HAVE A FUN DAY OUT

GO AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

KEEP MY BLOG POSTS UP TO DATE

I hope I can manage these goals.  They should be achievable.  

I am really looking forward to this month and what we will be getting up to.

I’m linking up with Elm Street Quilts.  Pop over to see what the others hope to achieve.

8 comments:

kiwikid said...

Lovely sashiko block Janice. Your Blue blocks look wonderful. Good luck with your goals.

Babette said...

Way to go giving yourself grace with setting aside some goals for August. I try, but I still put to much in.

Susan Smith said...

You certainly have your fair share of goals this month. I really like that blue quilt & look forward to seeing it come together. One of our goals is to use the caravan for a short trip too, though this wacky weather is putting us off a bit. Been very overcast and windy, though drier than usual down our way. Enjoy getting your goals done, take care & hugs.

dq said...

This does not look like a stash quilt at all - gorgeous! It is so well done.

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck with your goals this month.

ButterZ said...

You have a good list of to-dos. Love the blue fabrics.

Karen's Korner said...

Love the fabric picks for the borders. It is amazing how much 15 mins per day adds up.

Chookyblue...... said...

The Blue quilt is looking really pretty...... And coming along nicely