Tuesday 6 June 2023

My goals for June

I always look forward to making my goals for the coming month, even though I sometimes have to put my thinking cap on to work out what they will be.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
This is the one I usually have to ponder.  I like it to be something achievable, but it is also a good opportunity to work on something that has been sitting on the back burner for a while, or that I need to give myself a bit of encouragement to work on.
This month it is one that has been sitting on the back burner.  My goal will be to turn the butterfly and nine patch blocks I made in 2022 in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge into a completed quilt.  Not just a flimsy, but quilted and bound.  It really shouldn’t take all that long as it is only a cot sized quilt.

Pop over to Elm Street Quilts to see what everyone else is aiming for.  This little challenge is so effective to keep me working on projects.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
The colours this month are Baby Blue and Green.  I will use light blues, as they will work the best in my projects.

Pop over to So Scrappy to see what everyone has been up to.

15 MINUTES A DAY
I am really enjoying this and going pretty well.  I hope I can keep it up this month.

USE MONIQUE

DONATION PROJECT

WORK ON A UFO OR WIP

FINISH SOMETHING

All of these goals WILL be met when I finish my butterfly quilt.  Maybe that is cheating a bit, but it will be very good to have it completed and also frees up time for other projects.

KNITTING OR CROCHET
I have just cast on another beanie.  I should have it finished fairly quickly……well, at least that is the plan.

DO SOME HAND WORK
I’m up to the backstitch on my little cross stitch bookmark, which will also be finished soon.  

LEADER AND ENDER
I’m not going very well with this.  Let’s see if I have something to share at the end of the month.

BLUE QUILT
I’m plugging away at my Blue Quilt and hope to have all the circles appliquéd onto the Dresden fans fairly soon.

LAUNDRY BASKET MYSTERY QUILT

I’ve started a new project……

The first of six weekly instalments in the Spring Mystery Quilt was released last week and I hope to stay up to date as we go along.  I’m so looking forward to this, as Edyta’s patterns are all lovely.  This will take a bit of time, which is a good reason to keep the other goals simple.

I know I don’t have many photos here, but you can see them in my weekly update post here.
Now onto my non-stitching goals…..

READ A BOOK

TRY A NEW RECIPE

HAVE A FUN DAY OUT

GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE

USE THE CARAVAN

Hopefully, most of those will be achieved.  Not sure about the last two, but we will see how we go.

7 comments:

loulee said...

I'm sure you will achieve many if not all of those goals.

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck with your goals. I'm sure you'll surpass them. Have fun!

Karen's Korner said...

It looks like a busy moth ahead of you. Good luck with getting them ticked off the list.

Fiona said...

I love the butterfly quilt...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

The Butterfly ninepatch is beautiful....love it! You certainly have your dance card full....have fun xx

Susan said...

Good luck with the goals. Love the butterfly quilt.

jude's page said...

Pretty butterfly quilt, and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals