Thursday 3 November 2022

My Goals for November

I can’t believe that we have been home for more than a month and it is time to set my goals again.

November is always a busy month of the year, so I am setting some very simple goals.   Here goes…

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
My goal is simply to complete the sections of EPP on the Blue Quilt.  That consists of four hexy flowers and two of the elongated hexy units.  It should be a quick task, and then, I may be able to get some more sections started, but we will just wait and see.  I’ll check in at Elm Street Quilts.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
I have not set myself any goal for November.   Anything that happens will be a bonus.

ONE PROJECT A MONTH
Nothing planned, but I do hope to be able to tick something off the list.

FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS
That will come around this Friday and I’m sure I will have something to work on.

15 MINUTES A DAY

The above goals are very simple, but as the fellow in the red suit will be coming down the chimney before too long, it is time to work on some secret projects.  My lofty aim is to work on something for at least 15 minutes a day.  Some I will be able to share, some not yet.  I’ll try my best to check in regularly wit my progress.  Having the time to complete this should be easy, it is having the motivation that is the hard bit.  Wish me luck.
Now on to the non-stitching goals, which are much the same as usual…..

READ A BOOK
I just got a book at an op shop today, so I’ll try to read that one.  It will be a binge read, but not until I have completed my 15 minutes of stitching…

TRY A NEW RECIPE
It is years since I have cooked a Christmas cake.  Mum had her recipe and I used to make a different recipe from in my early teens.  However, in reality, mine makes a fairly dry cake.  I looked out Mum’s recipe, but it uses treacle and I’m not going to buy some just for one recipe.  The Coles Magazine this month has a recipe rather similar to Mum’s, so I am going to make that in the next few days.

GO AWAY IN THE CARAVAN
We have plans for a long weekend, but it is weather dependent, as are most things at the moment.

GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE
Hopefully, we can make this happen…..if the weather plays nice.

FRIDAY FUN DAY
I think I will have to think of another name for this, as we are not limited to Fridays any more.  I reckon we will have at least one fun day this month…if not more.

I’ll check in at the end of the month to see how things went.

3 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots of things to complete this month. Good luck with your challenges.

Jan said...

It's a good mix of goals, hopefully this weather & flooding improves so you can get the travel in. and the gas back on will be good too :)

dq said...

I always love the variety of your goals.