Saturday 4 December 2021

My December Goals

As it is December, and now that busy time of the year, I am keeping my goals very simple, and therefore, hopefully achievable.

On the stitching front, I just have one goal, which will tick lots of boxes.
My goal is finish my little donation quilt.  All I need to do is to trim down the excess batting and backing and add the binding, all by machine.  It will only take a few hours, so easy peasy.

This will be my One Monthly Goal, a finish for One Project a Month, my WOOFA challenge finish (even though WOOFA has finished for the year) and working on a donation project.



There are a couple of other things in the background.  I'll just see how I go.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I do not have a single quilt in progress (other than the little quilt I will finish this month).  I have so many I want to make, so I want to  prep a couple into cut out kits, so I can just pick them up and sew, whenever I get the chance.
Firstly, this box of fabric has been sitting, waiting patiently, for several years.  I took part in a fat quarter birthday swap and requested Bonnie and Camille fabrics.  The plan is to make the Swoon Quilt, but it seems to get put on the back burner, year after year.  Next year I am going to make it.  The thing that has been holding me back is deciding on a background fabric, as I don't want to use white.  I have a couple of options and will have to finally make a decision.  Also, I am going to make it as a quilt as you go.  As there are points on the edge of the blocks, I will have to use the method that ends up with half inch wide sashings.  A new process for me to learn.
This little pile of scraps came from the op shop last week.  There are lots of yellow pieces already cut into squares.  I hope to use them next year, so will cut them up.

I have decided that I would like to join in with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again next year.  I don't need or want any more rainbow quilts, but I reckon this will be a great way to work on some donation quilts.  It means I will hopefully have several quilts to finish off at the end of next years, but that is OK.  My plan, once again, is to get lots cut in advance.  I'd like these to be leader ender projects, as I really miss having one on the go.  
My non stitching goals are pretty much the same as usual.

1.    Read a Book
2.    Have a Friday Fun Day
3.    Try a new recipe and revisit an old one.
4.    Go away in the caravan.

I think these are all achievable.

Now I just need to get a wriggle on with some stitching.

I'll be linking up with Elm Street Quilts.  Pop over and see what the others plan to do.

6 comments:

Maria said...

I’m sure you’ll achieve your December goal and finish the quilt.
Such a beautiful box of fabrics for your swoon quilt. Cutting it ready to sew is a great idea.
Lovely op shop pick up and ideal for RSC….
Enjoy your non sewing goals this month.

Susan said...

So well organised! 2022 plans already . . .Though I guess I do too - just in my head for now - a Christmas project to organise myself.

loulee said...

Your goal should be easy to achieve this month.
Have fun cutting and sorting your scraps and your Swoon project.

kiwikid said...

Great goal for the month. Your Swoon fabrics are lovely.

jude's page said...

Lovely fabrics in that box, look forward to seeing them put to use. I think you might have another project to sew?? Perhaps in grey colours??

Flickenstichlerin said...

Your December goal will be a finished quilt. Wonderful plans for 2022. Exiting goals.