Thursday 4 November 2021

Setting my Goals for November

Here we are again, starting another month and deciding what to focus on for November.  This time of year is always busy for us, and now that we are out of lock down, it is no different.  Therefore, I am going to set rather modest goals and will hopefully get to meet them.  Here goes.......

STITCHING GOALS

I will be combining these two goals this month.
My main goal is to add the binding to my Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt.  I still have to cut and join the binding.  It isn't a big job, but at least I can be pretty sure of getting it done.  I can't wait to put this quilt on our bed.

2.    WOOFA CHALLENGE and DONATION PROJECT
I have a combined project for these as well.

I want to continue to work on a donation project each month.
This is where I got up to with my latest donation quilt last month.
I've since selected backing fabrics.  The blue is left over from my Jocelyn Proust quilt backing and the green was a very lucky find at an op shop.  There is one metre of this Robert Koffman green, which matches the quilt colours perfectly.  Joined together, they will make a nice backing.  I'm so pleased I bought a great big roll of batting on special from Spotlight recently.  It is getting lots of use lately, and having consistent left overs, they will work well for some quilt as you go.

I want to have a go a spray basting on this quilt.  It is something I haven't tried before.  I will have to make sure we have a nice still day to do it outside.  It would be nice to have the quilt finished this month, but I'm not sure if that will happen.  I just want to keep it moving along.

FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS
Tomorrow is the first Friday in the month, so some stitching should take place.  I don't know that I will get a lot done, as there is a TV show I want to watch, but I will make some progress.

CHRISTMAS PROJECT
I'm still slowly working on a secret project........It's secret.
NON STITCHING GOALS

These will probably be the more dominant goals this month.

READ A BOOK

Well, I've actually already read one, so I'd better expand the goal to two books.

TRY A NEW RECIPE AND REVISIT AN OLD RECIPE

I'm going to be trying a new recipe tonight.  Fingers crossed it works out OK.  I haven't decided what old recipe to revisit.  I'll have to have a look through my recipe books.  We hope to continue experimenting with the camp oven as well.

FRIDAY FUN DAY

This is going to happen tomorrow.  All things being equal, there should be a couple of other fun days, just not necessarily on a Friday.

HAVE A WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

Nope.  Won't happen.  Too much else going on.  I'm OK with that.

I'm now a little enthused to get a start on these.  Let's see how we go by the end of the month.

18 comments:

Jenny said...

I've never used the basting spray so will be interested to see what you think of it. If it's anything like hot glue I would get in a real mess, I stay well away from that.

kiwikid said...

Good luck with your goals for this month, I am sure you will achieve them. Will be interested to see how you like the glue basting.

ButterZ said...

Things are getting busy with the lead up to Xmas. Good goals

Fiona said...

Great plans for the month...
Hugz

Maria said...

You’ve set some nice goals for November..
Really like the Laundry Basket quilt and the donation on is lovely and bright…
Enjoy your reading and cooking.

Susie H said...

Goals are always a good idea. Even if we don't quite meet them, we have something to strive for. Good luck and I hope you have a good weekend!

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

A beautiful quilt. Hood luck on your goals.

Lianne said...

I love your donation quilt nice and clean and bright. Be careful with the spray basting don't go too thick, I have done it too thick and my machine wasn't happy . Good luck with your other goals.

Karen's Korner said...

Some good goals there. That is a lovely bright and happy donation quilt. Enjoy your out and about days.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love how your Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt turned out. I hope to join that QAL this coming year. I hope it's as good.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Good luck and fun with your goals Janice.

Jeanna said...

This time of the year is very busy for us as well. I love the way you plan your goals and tie them to various challenges. You've got some really nice projects to work on this month. Good luck!

Raewyn said...

Have fun meeting your goals this month, Janice. I don't think I've told you yet how much I love your LBQ mystery quilt - it inspires me to carry on with mine.... We use basting spray at work on small items like runners etc but I've never used it on a bigger quilt. It works well and we've never had any trouble with it gumming the machine.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your Laundry Basket quilt is beautiful and I really like that donation quilt top too. You are so kind to make these kind of quilts; I'm sure they brighten someone's day. I use a little spray on my smaller projects sometimes; I need help with the bigger ones. But anyway, you have some great goals there for this month. Good luck with them all. Have fun!

loulee said...

Loads planned as always.
Your donation quilt looks lovely and I especially like the green for the back.

Cheryll said...

That's a great list... good luck xox

jude's page said...

Love your laundry basket quilt, good luck with your monthly goals

Jenny said...

I love your quilts Janis good luck with your goals this month.