Sunday 29 November 2020

November Goals - How Did I Go?

The month is drawing to a close and it is time to report on how I went with my goals for the month.

As always, we will start with my stitching.

How did I go?  I think I can safely say that my sewjo flew out the window this month.  I've no idea why, but that is just how it is.

If this was my 6th class teacher's report card it would read "Janice needs to get out of second gear".  Yep, that's what he said.  I may need to heed his comments.

However, as I have always said, this is supposed to be a bit of fun and not turn my stitching into a chore.  Therefore, as I wasn't in the mood to stitch, I didn't.  I have lots of things on their mini design boards, ready to go, so they will just sit there until I feel the motivation to get started.

The main goal I set was to finish the clam shell sewing roll.  I know I will have to have a bit of a think and see how to proceed to do the construction.  The fact that it was all just too hard to think about may have a lot to do with my losing my inspiration.

Now that doesn't mean that I didn't do any stitching.  I did.

Normally I would be sharing four Blockhead 3 blocks, but this time I just have one very simple 6 inch block completed.  The other three are a a bit more detailed.  I'll get caught up before too long, so I'm not worried.  
Some secret stitching took place.  A parcel is currently winging its way to Lou in New Zealand.  There is a Christmas item in there, so I did meet that goal.  Funnily enough, there is a finished item in there, so I kind of met my One Project a Month, but will not officially add to my total until the big reveal next month.

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects came to a stand still, but I'm sure I will get to them before too long.  I'm hoping I will spend some time in the sewing room in the break between Christmas and New Year.  It would still be nice to have some more finishes before the end of the year.

As I reported previously, I didn't join in with Friday Night With Friends and as the clam shell sewing roll was to be my WOOFA project, that didn't take place either.

So, how did I go with my non stitching goals?

1.    READ A BOOK

Yes.  I didn't feel like stitching, but I did feel like reading. Both books were ones we picked up on our last trip away in September.


The English Girl was a bit James Bondish and not a bad read.


Cooper Bartholemew is Dead, was quite different from our usual reads.  It is targeted at young adults, but both Mick and I enjoyed it.  A young man dies by falling off a cliff.  It is put down to suicide, but his girlfriend doesn't believe that would happen.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

Yes.  I blogged about the meatball recipe I tried back here.  We haven't been doing much baking, now that the weather is warming up.

I did make a Strawberry Shortcake, adapting the Apricot Shortcake recipe I have previously made.  It was so very good.

3.    GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE
 
No, it didn't happen.

4.    GO AWAY FOR A WEEKEND IN THE CARAVAN

No, we didn't expect to, so no surprise there.

5.    FRIDAY FUN DAY
  
Yes, as I blogged here, we had a great day up in Orange.

6.    GO FOR WALKS    

Yes, but only short ones, and not as many as I would have liked.


Reading this, it all  looks like we didn't do a lot, but we still had a great month.

We had our afternoon at Peel Jam 

We have spent quite a bit of time in the garden.  I will share a separate post on that.


Last weekend we held a garage sale.  Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Council run Community Garage Sale at Mount Panorama was cancelled and people were encouraged to take part in the Garage Sale Trail.

We had quite a successful sale, which was good.

So, the month didn't go quite as planned, but it was still good to look back on.

9 comments:

Maria said...

Sometimes we just don’t feel like sewing so sitting reading was great...
Nice block you did make and great you had a successful garage sale....

Jenny said...

You still look like you had a very bust month with lots of things completed .

Jenny said...

Since we are till "on the road" I havent done much stitching either, and just a little knitting now and again in the car, and yesterday, waiting at the laundromat watching the clothes go round and round.
Love the look of your strawberry shortcake. We often have fresh strawberries for breakfast, so yummy.

Fiona said...

you were playing with some lovely fabrics..... November kindof disapppeared

Hugz

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely post, lots of activities still. Looking forward to seeing your secret stitchings.

kiwikid said...

Looks like you had a good month even if your sewing motor took a holiday Janice.

loulee said...

Sometimes you just don't have it in you.
YOU TEASE!! LOL
Sounds like you had a good month anyway, even if you didn't do all of the usual things.

Susan said...

Oh well - as you say - Sewing is meant to be a fun hobby - not a chore.

I'm sure you were busy enough with all the other stuff - and sometimes you just need to stop and breathe

jude's page said...

Sounds like a good month, and you gotta just go with the flow occasionally.