Saturday 29 June 2019

My Sewing for June

When we returned from our holiday I was itching to get back into my sewing room.  To help along the way I set my One Monthly Goal to be completing eight Splendid Sampler Blocks.  I also wanted to get my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks completed and complete a project for One Project a Month.

Well, I didn't get back into my sewing room until last week.  We ended up doing lots of other things, which I will get around to sharing soon, but sewing just didn't happen.

So what did I get done?


The RSC colour this month was dark blue.  It didn't take me long to get my three blocks completed.  No, they weren't worked as leader and ender blocks, but that doesn't matter.  At least they are done.

On Friday I decided which SS2 blocks I would work on and pulled fabric.  My aim was to work solely on Foundation Paper Piecing blocks, as once I get the method embedded in my brain (which takes a bit) I can get on a roll.

I thought I would have all weekend to work on them, but in the end I only had today.  So it was head down, butt up and get stitching.



I'm very pleased to say that I met my One Monthly Goal and have eight completed blocks.  I had initially thought of making my goal either 10 or 12 blocks.  Believe me, I super glad it was only eight, or I would have failed.

Sadly, I don't have a finish for the month, so nothing to report for OPAM.  I was so hoping to have something to add each month.  I'll try to make it up next month.

I had taken my sewing machine to have a long overdue spa treatment before I went away.  It was the perfect opportunity while we were away.  There was nothing wrong with it, but I must say, it is running a bit quieter and seems smoother.  He also changed the light bulb over to an LED one. Very happy.  

I' now going to link up with OMG and RSC and then head off to bed.

12 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

The 1930 reproduction sampler blocks are fantastic!
Congrats on meeting your goal... that was a lot of paper piecing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those plus blocks are just great! I love the variation in the background fabrics. I am the same with paper-piecing - it takes a bit to get the hang of it when I haven't done it in awhile. You've made some amazing blocks there!

loulee said...

Your blocks all look great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Some plans are just like that!! Postponed for other activities. At least, the fabric doesn't go bad!

Jenny said...

Haven't you done well! There's an awful lot of stitching in your paper pieced blocks, all quite different but they go together so nicely.

Susie H said...

Love the Plus blocks. They're going to make a beautiful RSC quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

Great blocks....

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow, I am impressed with all of your blocks. Nice fabric choices. You are doing very well with your blues as well.

Raewyn said...

I love your blue blocks and I'm amazed that you got all those SS2 blocks made in one day, gorgeous blocks!! Well done - a great last minute effort. It's always nice to have a serviced machine, isn't it, extra fluff gone, extra oil and whatever other magic is done!

Patty said...

Your blocks look great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

kiwikid said...

Well done on finishing so many blocks, especially as you had limited time. I agree with what you need are saying about foundation paper piecing, it does take a bit to get embedded!! Your blokcs look wonderful.

Fiona said...

wonderful blocks...… you have done well to get them all done. Sewing machines do like a nice spa treatment
Hugz