Wednesday 17 April 2019

Splendid Sampler 2 - Summer Reading

This is the final link up week for the Splendid Sampler 2 Stitch Along, with just two further blocks to be allocated next week.  The Stitch Along has allocated four blocks each week, while my personal aim is for one block each week, so I still have quite a way to go in my journey.


Of course, I had to complete at least one of the allocated blocks for the link up this week.  I have worked on "Summer Reading" as, once again, I left it to the last minute to make the block.  It was nice and easy, with no matching of points.

In the next few days I will have quite a few more blocks to share here, as I completed them at our recent retreat at Baradine.  I think I will meet my One Monthly Goal of completing 12 blocks this month, considering I still have the Easter long weekend ahead of me.

I have to thank Pat and Jane so much for coordinating the Splendid Sampler 2 project and Stitch Along.  It really has worked well for me.  Now I just have to keep up the momentum to finish the rest of the blocks. I will continue to post my blocks on the Facebook page.

I think I have about 58 completed and a few more half done.  I hope to have it finished by the end of this year.  We'll see how we go.

I'm linking up over at The Splendid Sampler Blog.  Pop over and see the other versions of the blocks.

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Another pretty block....
Hugz

Fiona said...

POsted before I was finished talking! haha..... I find keeping up with a group good motivation but it's also nice to go at your own pace. The fabrics are so pretty to play with I"m sure you will keep going...
HUgz

loulee said...

Oh, I do like this one.
You're on Facebook!?

Maria said...

Nice to have an easy block to make ..
look forward to seeing the blocks completed at retreat..

kiwikid said...

It was wonderful to see all your completed blocks at the retreat, they look wonderful. Will we see the completed quilt next retreat?? Nothing like a deadline for motivation 😊😊