Tuesday 6 September 2016

Modern HST Sampler Progressing Nicely - Blocks 16 &17

I haven't shared an update on my Modern HST Sampler blocks for a while, but I have been plugging along.

Firstly, Alyce from Blossom Hearts Quilts, who is hosting this quilt along, has asked for blocks 7 - 12 to be shared here, so here goes.  Pop over and see all the other interpretations.  They all look fabulous.


I'm rather liking how it is turning out, now that the blocks are getting more detailed.

Next is Block 16 - Whirly-Gig


This was released 3 weeks ago, but I only finished it late last week, slack me.

Yesterday Block 17 - Cross Angle was released. 


I got in nice and early and finished it last night.


So once again I am completely up to date.  Not the best shot of all the blocks, but it is a bit hard to find an area large enough to lay it out.  The simpler blocks give the eye somewhere to rest among the more detailed blocks.  Now to wait for another fortnight before the next block is released.

5 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's a treat to see them all together! They look wonderful. I love the shades of blues you are using, so calm and beautiful. What a great project to be working on.

Chookyblue...... said...

better bring it for show and tell next weekend.......I am loving it........

Tracy said...

Oh I love the colourway Janice. Blues are my favourite always.

Susan said...

Looking good Janice. Love the blues and whites together.

Jenny said...

It's looking good .