Sunday, 4 October 2026

The Rest of September

I’ve mentioned already that September was a rather busy month.  Let’s see what we got up to.

In my wishes I had mentioned that I would like to try another new recipe.  I really do seem to be on a roll here.  I tried four.

Firstly, in honour of Dolly Parton, I made the Cuppa, Cuppa, Cuppa Cake.  It is mentioned in the movie Steel Magnolias.  It consists of:

1 cup SR flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup fruit salad (fruit cocktail) in syrup.

Mix and cook for 45 minutes or there about.  

Serve with ice cream.

Well, that was easy and tasty.  I made it in a 9 inch square pan and cut it into nine pieces.  A success.

Next, I made a jelly slice.  This has been on my wish list for some time and seems to be showing up on instagram a bit, so time to give it a whirl.  Another success.  So much so, that I made it twice more for the Radiation Bus Morning Tea and it was well received.

Now to try something savoury.  I had some chicken and just went with the first recipe that I had saved. It had spinach, ricotta, pasta sauce and a few other bits and bobs.  Super simple and super tasty.  The left over pasta sauce and ricotta were used as a pasta sauce with some frozen seafood.  A double success.

Finally, another instagram recipe.  This time an Impossible Coconut Custard Pie.  It worked and was delicious.

I didn’t read a book during September.

The little shelf in the kitchen did get its spring refresh…..eventually.

We had our fun day out at Rydal and I went to the Radiation Morning Teas.  Although I was helping, it was still fun.

Finally, we did go away again with caravan, although not planning to.  We made a snap decision to visit the Macquarie Marshes.  More on that soon.

And that about sums things up.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

They all look delicious....I like the idea of the cuppa cuppa cake!

Jenny said...

I've just read that you didn't read a book! That wouldn't work for me, I like to have at least a couple on standby and get jittery when I'm getting near the end of my last book. In fact, I'm off to the library this morning for some new ones. Thanks for the recipe tips, the Dolly Parton cake looks interesting, I think I'll try that one too.



Ma Betty said...

I've made Impossible Pie before but not the Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake and might try that soon. However, I might use up a jar of pineapple pieces instead of the fruit salad as I've had it in the pantry for too long.