Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Rainbow Strippy Group Quilt

As I have previously mentioned, I have joined in with Betty’s merry band making blocks for group donation quilts each month. 

For the first half of this year the brief was slightly different, in that each month we were to make a strip in a colour of the rainbow.  

Here are mine.

Once all the coloured strips were completed and returned to Betty, she mixed them up and sent strip sets out to each of us to make into a quilt top.  Some were very creative and clever.

I finally got around to joining the strips I received into this flimsy.  Not very creative, but I think it is rather striking.

Instead of returning the quilt top to Betty for the girls down there to finish off, I have quilted and bound it here.  

I just used a gold thread for the quilting and a bright blue wideback for the backing and binding.

With Betty’s blessing, it will be donated to a local charity in Bathurst.

QUILT INFORMATION

Measurements -62" high x 64" wide

Pattern - None.  Rainbow strips for group quilts.

Fabrics - All from stash.  

Quilting Design - QCT6 - Loopmeander

Batting - Cotton/Poly

Backing - Wideback from Spotlight

Thread - Glide - Cleopatra

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your simple setting is a great idea - sometimes that's all that is needed. It's a fun happy quilt!

Jo said...

It’s a great finish Janice. Well done

loulee said...

The black makes those colours pop out. A great finish.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic finish on a wonderful quilt Janice. Well done.

marina said...

looks amazing! what a generous donation quilt.
love the bright colours with their black framing, very effective.

Lin said...

What a fun way to make a quilt - and a great result. x

Fiona said...

A fun way to get quilts made and use up scraps..... great idea and I love how you finished that one off...
Hugz

Ma Betty said...

Thanks Janice. The quilt looks great and I'm sure someone in Bathurst will love it. I'll be sending another set up with Jo when she comes through then that will be the last of our batch of strips. We have a few more here to put together.

Ali Honey said...

A lovely donation quilt. I hope the recipient treasures it.

cityquilter grace said...

it is striking indeed and what a fun way to use up scraps