It seems a bit silly adding this post now, as we are already over half way through the month.
I will also clarify that to date I have done very little on the stitching front. I think that last month being so productive has left me a little flat.
MY MAIN MONTHLY GOAL
I did have grand plans for this, but the month is getting on, and I won’t be in my sewing room for a little while yet, so I’m going to keep it to something that I think should be achievable. I want to complete the little Aeroplane Quilt. It should only take a day or so. There, it’s now out there, so it should get done……fingers crossed.
RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
The colour this month is purple. I should be able to manage this.
BETTY’S BLOCK
I have the fabric and the pattern, so that will be done and sent off.
I’m not aiming to do any more patchwork this month.
USE ELLY MAY
See my Main Monthly Wish.
CROCHET
About the only thing I have been doing is crocheting my Corner to Corner Squares. They are mindless, and ideal to take along to my stitching days. Mind you, I have only been home for one week to go along.
KNITTING
My jumper is not going all that well. I think my tension may be a tad out and I will have to make some minor adjustments to make it work. I can see what I need to do, but my brain has not been engaged sufficiently to sit down and write it all down. It is on pause for the moment.
I do need to knit another oatmeal coloured beanie for me, as the last one was too large. That will be my aim for this month. Once I get going it won’t take too long.
15 MINUTES A DAY
I started off well, just doing a bit of crochet, but seem to have petered off. I’ll try to lift my game. Getting my blog up to date has been the priority over the last few days.
OTHER GOALS
1. Try a new recipe - I’ve already managed that.
2. Read a book - probably won’t happen, but I may surprise myself.
3. Have a fun day out - already achieved.
4. Have a caravan trip - this was not to happen. The van was washed and put to bed…….and then taken out again. Details to follow.
5. Keep my blog posts up to date. Wish me luck.
We’ll see at the end of the month how I fared.
The airplanes, the stars, the little hearts, and the clouds... simply delightful. I really like the colors.
ReplyDeleteI’m keeping my fingers crossed that you finish it soon, exactly the way you want. Definitely don't stress yourself out—p.s. I ordered a book (I’ll show it off once it arrives).
Hugs from Viola
I'm sure that no matter what happens, you will make progress on something!
ReplyDeleteReally like the Plane quilt. Checked on google for pattern but no luck.
ReplyDeleteAs Lou said I'm sure work on something.
Wonderful plane quilt, I am sure what ever you do it will be great Janice.
ReplyDelete