Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Baradine - An August Escape Part 2

Following on from yesterday’s post, here is the Show and Tell from Saturday, as well as what some of the girls achieved.

These two are Lianne’s.  The pixilated flowers are gorgeous and best viewed from a bit of a distance to get the full effect.

Mary has made another jelly roll race quilt using Tilda Christmas fabrics.

Annette brought along another Elizabeth Hartmann masterpiece.  She says “No more”, but we will believe that when we don’t see any more.

These were Tracey’s.  All so very effective.  The hexy quilt is all done by machine, using half hexy shapes.

Diannes’ top quilt was made with fabric she was given last year.  The bottom pair were to be one quilt, but it ended up so big that it became two.

Brenda brought along a cute cot quilt that she made and will probably donate.  The bottom one is Bigs and Smalls.  The quilting is nearly finished.

Miss Jules made this very effective quilt using the same pattern that I made last year.  It looks so different and is very striking.

Gail completed a quilt that has been on the go for a while, in an effort to get her fabric used up.

Di showed a fun cowboy quilt top that she has made.  Perfect for a young country boy.

Sarah proudly displayed her first ever quilt.  Even quilted by her.  A great job.

I had my solid Fat Quarters quilt that I pieced at Scrub Stitchin’ and my completed Batik Fish Quilt.  Yes, it is finished. It will have its own post shortly.  My other two show and tell quilts were hanging on the wall.

Finally, I showed off my friend Linda’s quilt that I finished off and she was there to see all the show and tell, which was nice.

The next quilts are ones that were worked on during the weekend.

Chooky made a cute boy’s quilt from a kit.  I was impressed that she achieved so much, considering all she was doing.

Tracey was working on a strippy quilt as you go piece.  It was looking fantastic and is a great scrap buster.

Karen is always our high achiever, completing a couple of quilt tops and quilting some that were already sandwiched, ready to go.

Lianne finished piecing this huge quilt that she is working on with the ladies at the Coolah patchwork shop.  The colours just glow.

Finally, the big achievement of the weekend was Mary completing her Cottage Garden Threads and Liberty Field Journal quilt top.  This has been on the go since 2018.  Her stitching is exquisite and all the different Tana Lawns work beautifully.  

I wish I had taken more photos of works in progress, but as I said, I fell down on the job.  Needless to say, there were some other gorgeous projects under way.

And that about sums up our stitching days at Baradine.  Wonderful, but all too short.

3 comments:

  1. A fantabulous show and tell. Thank you. If you had taken more pictures of works in progress, then you would not have achieved so much yourself. Besides, we will see all those works in progress pop up elsewhere, or at the next show and tell. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of beautiful work. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant photos of all the quilts . It was a lovely weekend with friends

    ReplyDelete