This is rather late, but I wanted to get our trip posted first up.
Let’s see how I went with my wishes for the month…..
My main wish was to have the Batik Fish Quilt finished. I’m very happy to report that it was done. A full post coming soon.
Then I finished off the Strippy Rainbow Quilt.
Elly May was used on both of these quilts, as well as Jo’s.
In amongst all that, I helped a friend with a baby quilt. She purchased the kit about 20 years ago and was finally wanting to make it as a gift. I helped her cut it out, she then pieced it. An afternoon at our house saw it quilted with a cute butterfly pantograph. Then I showed her how to add the binding.
Once that was done, she used all the scraps to make two cushion fronts, which I also quilted for her. I didn’t get a chance to see the two completed before gifting but they would have been lovely. She is an experienced seamstress, so did precise stitching and the cute Peter Rabbit fabrics hadn’t dated at all. A lovely gift to give.


The next thing to work on was the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.
Of course, Betty’s blocks had to be made as well.
My Corner to Corner crochet squares progressed nicely, with ten squares being completed.
My knitting didn’t fare so well, with no progress being made.
An August Escape was a driver during the month, with four quilts being prepped.
The Jelly Roll Quilt, which was pieced at Baradine.
The Aeroplane Quilt, which was appliqued and pieced at Baradine.
A Farmyard Quilt, that still has to be pieced. I did work out the layout on the design curtain, but have since cut a golden yellow for the sashings instead of the blue. It won’t take long to make, once I get to it. There is no rush. It may even be next year at Scrub Stitchin’.
Finally an easy strippy quilt, which will also get stitched at some stage. No rush.
So, all in all, not a bad month.
The other thing that I did during the month was donate a pile of quilts to the domestic violence support organisation here in town.
15 MINUES A DAY
I stitched on 30 of the 31 days. The best for the year.
YTD = 201/243 - 82.72%

While piecing the Batik Fish Quilt I managed to empty lots of bobbins and a couple of spools of thread. It was great to be able to use up some odds and ends that were darker colours, as most quilts require something lighter.
Now, even though it is half way through the next month, I will get down my wishes for September.
No comments:
Post a Comment